Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy refers to our responsibility toward our environment. Megalodon is part of a bigger system of people,values, other organizations and nature. Our CSR policy outlines our efforts to give back to the planet as it provides resources.
This policy applies to our company, subsidiaries, joint-venture partnerships, employees, partners and vendors
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to Megalodon’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
Our company will:
- Respect the laws of the jurisdictions where we work
- Respect UNDRIP and all First Nations/Aboriginal rights
- Honour our internal policies
- Ensure that all our business operations are transparent to regulators
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to the rights of people in jurisdictions where we operate. We promote:
- Safety and fair dealing with our partners and suppliers
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
- Being committed to the highest standards of legal and ethical conduct
- Being committed to internal policies and goverance
Protecting the environment
Our company recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean while developing energy assets is a benefit to all.
We ensure that:
- Our asset developments meet or exceed all the regulations in the jurisdictions where we work
- We work to keep the natural environment, biodiversity and ecosystems on our assets
- We keep transparency on our environmental performance
- We use best practices to manage and monitor environmental performance
- We continually educate and monitor our employees, consultants, vendors and partners in best practice environmental stewardship.
We ensure that we:
- Maintain the health and safety of our employees, contractors and community.
- Work towards developing the betterment of the lives of local and indigenous people.
- Support diversity and inclusion.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and abide by all fair labour practices.
Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively protect the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
- Conserving energy
- Lowering carbon footprints by reducing travel
- Ensuring site reclamation
- Using environmentally friendly technologies
Supporting the community
Our company intends to initiate and support community investment including partnerships with First Nations vendors for asset developments.